Any reference in this policy to “we” or “us” also refer to Kairos & Saige.
Any reference to “personal data” means any information that identifies, or that can, reasonably, be used to identify a natural person.
How do we obtain personal data?
As a provider of legal services, we frequently obtain personal data as part of our activities. To this end, we are mindful of applicable privacy laws pursuant to which we have issued this Policy
We may collect your personal data:
- when you engage us for our services;
- when you access our website;
- when you provide products or services to us as our supplier;
- when you subscribe to our newsletter or any of our products or services;
- when you are engaged in furtherance of our recruitment process;
- when you exchange correspondence with us via electronic email or contact us via any of our social media platforms.
The Scope of the personal data we collect
These include but are not limited to:
- basic information such as name, employer, title, age, relationship or affiliations with a person or organisation;
- contact information such as physical address, email address and phone number(s);
- technical information (including your IP address) obtained from visiting our website;
- background information provided by you or collected by us in the course of our recruitment process;
- confidential information provided to us by or on behalf of our clients or generated by us in the course of providing our legal services;
- information relating to your visits to our offices;
- any other information which you may provide to us
How we use your personal data?
We will only use (authorised use) your personal data in connection with our professional activities and pursuant to obligations imposed by statute or regulations for and including the following, among others:
- for providing legal or professional services to our clients;
- for access to our physical offices or online/digital platforms;
- pursuant to court orders or any other legal obligation;
- for all relationships or activities with you including billing, purchase or delivery of goods or services or any other relationship
- for any matter of interest to us or third parties provided such shall be reasonable and do not infringe on your private rights;
- for any other purpose for which you provided personal data to us.
Where you have given us your express consent, we may process your personal data for additional purposes provided that it is understood that you reserve the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Your personal data may be processed by us for:
- communicating or information purposes;
- information gathering through surveys, website analytics or any other process;
- any other purpose for which you have given your consent.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data may be shared among our partners or staff for operational purposes and made subject to a standard level of data protection obtainable in our offices or portals. In any event, any transfer or sharing of your personal data shall be done in accordance with legally binding data protection laws.
Keeping your personal data secure
We will take the appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data in accordance with our internal security procedures covering its storage, access and destruction. Personal data may be stored on our own technology systems or those of our suppliers or in physical files.
Retention of your personal data
We will delete your personal data when it is no longer reasonably required for the authorised uses or where you withdraw your consent PROVIDED that we are not legally required or otherwise authorised to continue to hold such data. We may retain your personal data for an additional period to the extent that deletion would require us to overwrite our automated disaster recovery backup systems or to the extent we deem it necessary to assert or defend legal claims during any relevant retention period.
Your rights regarding your personal data
In addition to your rights under applicable data protection legislation and where we are authorised or required by applicable law and by our professional obligations, we will provide you, upon request, with a copy of your personal data and we will correct any errors identified by you.
Please note that except as stated above, we will not use your data for any automated decision making or profiling.
You have the right to limit our processing of your personal data.
How to contact us
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org